Thursday, April 3, 2014

Why You Should Watch Game of Thrones Right Now



I've been obsessed with the HBO series, Game of Thrones, since it premiered in 2011. I've been re-watching it with my boyfriend to get him caught up to the season that premieres this Sunday at 9! Re-watching the show I've realized how much the show itself and the characters have really evolved over the episodes. There are so many reasons that make up a quality TV show, but Game of Thrones just really embodies all of the qualities so well. Because of this it appeals to such a large demographic. I have listed some of the specific reasons below that make the show so awesome to me.


// Dragons
Hello? Must I even explain? How awesome is it to watch a show that successfully implements fantastical attributes like dragons? GoT managed to pull this one off in a totally not tacky way.

// Characters You Love to Hate
The show really tugs on your heart strings often, even in the first season, but it pulls at my hate strings (is that a thing?) even more. Sure there are plenty of characters you just totally love and wish you were them, but there are also a few that you want to burn with green wildfire.

// Eye Candy
What ladies, or gentlemen, want to watch a show without someone to crush on? My crush is totally Jon Snow. Ugh.

// Messy but Suspenseful Plots
Re-watching the seasons over again, I have managed to really get a full grasp of what actually happened and catch some things I missed before. The story lines are very intricate and in-depth, but they all play out so well that you end up on the edge of your couch every episode. 

// Powerful Women Roles
It doesn't take long for any watcher to realize how feminist the show really is. A lot of the extremely important characters are women. The female characters are all extremely positive role models, exemplifying strength and independence.





If you haven't started watching it, I recommend a binge-watch to catch up. I don't know anyone that doesn't love this show and I'm sure you won't be disappointed either. This season is going to be epic. Season 4 premieres this Sunday, April 6, on HBO. 





No comments:

Post a Comment