Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ok World… I Can Take a Hint

I'm not usually one to read to into things or be superstitious. But after yesterday…. I can take a fucking hint world!!

I have been having some particularly rough days the past few days. Between my borderline daily cry-seshs because math SUCKS, troubles between my boyfriend & I, & family issues that are always underlying everything, it hasn't been that great of a month so far. It doesn't help that I always carry around a particular aspect of pre-requisite negativity & cynicism that I apply to everything. Basically, I've been finding it extremely difficult to be happy about much lately, let alone be positive.

The signs began when in my biology lab yesterday; I was able to keep the tulips that no one wanted after they had been examined. (Don't get me started about how much of a joke my biology class is…) The flowers were a secret win for me, being that I'm looking for any way to make my apartment look prettier. My day was pretty much made already after that.



Then as I walked down Market Street with the flowers in one hand and my coffee in the other, I stopped in the middle of the street after I noticed a face-up penny. I always either flip them face up or pick them up & keep them if they're face up already. Everyone knows a face up penny brings good luck! But then, literally as I was putting said penny in my pocket, I looked up &over at a newspaper box and someone had posted a sticker on it reading, "smile".



Like I said before, I'm not one for signs or superstitions or anything of the sorts, but damn! Amazing is right! In the matter of fifteen minutes the world was basically telling me, "God dammit! Just be happy! Smile! Be positive."   As I sit behind my keyboard with my pup laying at my feet, hot coffee on the table, & flowers at the windowsill, I really don't have it that bad. Sure sometimes things suck, but sometimes things are pretty okay. I just need to refer to my tattoo & my positive ring more often. Thanks world - I needed it.



I promise to stay positive.





Here's what I'm listening to:
&
&



2 comments:

  1. Hey! You have an awesome blog! I just joined the Her Campus Blogging Network, and saw your blog, and thought I would nominate you for a Liebster! http://leftylivinglife.blogspot.cz/2014/02/liebster-nomination-and-spring-break.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAS listen to the ring. #Littlethingsinlife

    ReplyDelete