Monday, February 10, 2014

Why I'm Wearing Black on Valentines Day

Happy week-of-Valentines-Day! The most loathed holiday by singles everywhere…. and me. Mostly because I hate everyone that is obsessed with a stupid Hallmark Holiday & the color pink. The only time I've ever owned something pink was a pair of underwear my boyfriend mistakenly bought me. I mean lets be honest… when am I not wearing black? Refer to my favorite quote, "I'll stop wearing black when they make a darker color." Of course I apply this to every other day of the year so why not the oh-so-sacred-V-Day. Vom. If there is anything ever related solely to the color pink I'm obviously not about it... especially a holiday.



Holidays in particular have never really been my "thing". My pessimistic personality is probably mainly the reason, but I always feel extremely disappointed & let down. I always secretly get my hopes up that my birthday will always be super fun & people will care that I was born more than I do, or that my boyfriend will always show up and whisk me away on some amazing date on Valentines Day. None of that ever happens. I celebrated my birthday last year with my parents and a friend at a Japanese restaurant in New York. Sure it was delicious and free food is aways a plus, but I wish I was drunk somewhere instead. And to be honest, I can't even remember what I did for V Day last year with my boyfriend of the time. I guess it obviously wasn't anything particularly different than any other day.



I do believe strongly in the concept of: why only celebrate your love for each other on one day, when you should be celebrating it every day. No matter how corny or lame that sounds, it is true. Hating the holiday is also the perfect excuse for me to not wear pink; & for me to not get completely pissed off when my boyfriend doesn't take me on that "amazing" date I will always wish secretly wish for.

Even if Grumpy Cat is my spirit animal & I will be dressed head-to-toe in black, I will always secretly look forward to my boyfriend surprising me on any holiday. I've just learned to not get my hopes up. I don't plan on celebrating it at all this year & just wearing my signature color, black, like every other day. So if you're one of those people that is going to be dressed like the color pink exploded on their bodies on February 14, I condemn you to death.


Here's what I'm listening to:
&




6 comments:

  1. El o el. Same. I wear black too often so obviously valentines day is no different. I also rarely wear red/pink sooooo yolo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I love this so much. I will most likely be wearing all black on Valentine's Day to, but mostly because I don't own casual pink clothes as well (gym clothes... different story)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of hearts better than pink. Like a black shirt with a heart? Why not! I'm not really into an explosion of pink and red! Stylish but not overwhelming. But I also love black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree but I don't really own anything cute-sy with hearts! If I did I might consider it if I wasn't so cynical.
      xx

      Delete