Friday, January 10, 2014




Mostly I find myself writing about the stupid and clumsy events that occur in my life, but I want to start something other than just that. Photography has been a major part of my life for as long as I can remember.  I'm hoping to post every Friday about photographers that I find are influential and inspiring to my own work. I'm hoping this will enlighten any readers that I have to the art world and specifically to photographers of all different ages and styles. So here we go!

The first photographer I wanted to display is a young photographer: Petra Collins.
Although only 21 years old, her work has been exhibited in many different periodicals and galleries. Her clients ranging from Urban Outfitters to American Apparel. She describes herself as a portraiture, fashion photographer and fashion designer. I have only recently come in contact with her work and all of it has managed to really impress me. Although I am not personally interested in her fashion photography her personal work is beautiful. Her recent series of photographs, The Teenage Gaze, is extremely inspiring. Although its unlike anything I shoot, I still really find myself connecting with the work. Maybe because I know what its like to be a teenager photographer and have that "teenage gaze" or maybe because she just really knows how to capture a moment. Either way, I'm obsessed.










All images copyrighted © Petra Collins 



No comments:

Post a Comment